Sunday, January 01, 2006

Clearing the fog on domestic spying

mediamatters.org has an excellent roundup on the excuses that are being propounded on the talk show circuit and elsewhere for the Bush domestic spying program here:

Top 12 media myths and falsehoods on the Bush administration's spying scandal

Summary: Media Matters presents the top 12 myths and falsehoods promoted by the media on President Bush's spying scandal stemming from the recent revelation in The New York Times that he authorized the National Security Agency (NSA) to eavesdrop on domestic communications without the required approval of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance court.

3 comments:

V.A. Jeffrey said...

Have you ever read any of Margeret George's books? I found the Autobiography of Henry VIII an intruiging read.

V.A. Jeffrey said...

Sorry, I meant to respond to an earlier post! ;)

Servant of the Secret Fire said...

I enjoyed The Autobiography of Henry VIII enormously! I was just thinking about it, since it also has notes by Henry's fool Will Somers, who is a major character in The Queen's Fool. I think I also read her book on Mary Queen of Scots, but not the ones on Cleopatra or Mary Magdalene, although I woud probably enjoy them if I had time. At the moment I'm on the fourth book in a very good mystery series that has Elizabeth I as the detective. I might do a review of this book, though I think the last one will be hard for the author (Karen Harper) to surpass.