Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Another alternative to evolution

I’m listening at the moment to a discussion on the Dover, PA decision disallowing the teaching of “intelligent design.” Since I just finished The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, I would like to propose another “alternative” theory. If the ID’ers are willing to let this one be taught too, I’ll support them. (I’m sure this has to have been suggested somewhere, on the Internet or otherwise.)

I demand that the schools also teach the “Douglas Adams” theory, which states that the earth is actually part of a giant experiment being run by white mice (actually, aliens who are incognito among us as white mice). It certainly makes as much sense as a literal interpretation of Genesis 1, possibly more, since it is explained how the building of planets is commissioned and carried out, including coastlines, which are probably constructed using the principles of fractals and chaos theory.

No comments: