Servant of the Secret Fire

Random thoughts on books and life in the reality-based community

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

The name I've chosen comes from "Lord of the Rings," when Gandalf faces down the Balrog in the Mines of Moria. My Hebrew name is Esther (which is related to the word for "hidden" or "secret") Serafina (which means "burning"). This seems appropriate because although I don't usually put myself forward, I do care very passionately about a lot of things. Maybe through these blogs I can share some of these passions, as well as less weighty ideas and opinions, with others.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Will anyone notice?

Salon has now published all 279 photos and 19 videos that it possesses from the Army’s internal investigation of the abuses of Abu Ghraib. Of course the biggest issue in the so-called “mainstream media” is whether the NY Times correctly identified the prisoner in the iconic photo of the man standing on the box with his arms outstretched.

Update (3/19): The answer to this question, obviously, is no. Even Buzzflash hasn't had anything on it since the original posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home