Servant of the Secret Fire

Random thoughts on books and life in the reality-based community

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

The name I've chosen comes from "Lord of the Rings," when Gandalf faces down the Balrog in the Mines of Moria. My Hebrew name is Esther (which is related to the word for "hidden" or "secret") Serafina (which means "burning"). This seems appropriate because although I don't usually put myself forward, I do care very passionately about a lot of things. Maybe through these blogs I can share some of these passions, as well as less weighty ideas and opinions, with others.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Apologies

If there is anyone who has been checking this blog out on a semi-regular basis (Hi, Tess!) I have to apologize for my unintentional self-imposed hiatus. I’d love to say that I was out there working for Democratic candidates to get elected or doing something else productive, but that would be a lie. Well, I did spend four days at the JRF convention in Philadelphia (look it up jrf.org), but that’s a pretty small proportion of the time I haven’t been posting.

Anyway, I hope to be back posting on a regular basis soon –  maybe, as I said in my list of middot, even with some original writing.

Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home