Servant of the Secret Fire

Random thoughts on books and life in the reality-based community

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

The name I've chosen comes from "Lord of the Rings," when Gandalf faces down the Balrog in the Mines of Moria. My Hebrew name is Esther (which is related to the word for "hidden" or "secret") Serafina (which means "burning"). This seems appropriate because although I don't usually put myself forward, I do care very passionately about a lot of things. Maybe through these blogs I can share some of these passions, as well as less weighty ideas and opinions, with others.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Gospel of Judas and "missing link" in the same week - fundamentalists frothing at the mouth!

Here are a couple of news stories - Gospel of Judas here, "missing link" between fish and land animals here. It's pure coincidence that both of these outlets are Canadian - I don't even know if they're the best ones, but I wanted to get something up here before going to work. I will have more to say about both of these. As I said to my sister in an e-mail today, though, my reaction to the "Gospel" (and this applies regardless of the authenticiy - or lack thereof - of its contents), was, "Duh! I could figure out by reading the canonical accounts that the 'betrayal' was a put-up job."

Shabbat shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home