Sunday, December 18, 2005

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.

I've never done this kind of thing before so it could be interesting, or I could fall flat on my face and either be incredibly boring or just never post anything after the first few.

One of the things that I care a lot about is what's happening to this country under George W. Bush. Unfortunately, the latest revelations about spying on US citizens by the NSA, while they outrage me, do not surprise me. It just seems like one thing after another until it's almost impossible to either keep track or focus on any one that is more of an outrage than the others. I was raised as a Republican but left the party during the George H.W. Bush administration, and I can't support the Democrats until I see them show some backbone and "stay the course" - you should excuse the expression. With some honorable exceptions such as Howard Dean, Robert Byrd and now John Murtha, most of them either stay shivering in the corner or occasionally speak up before a thundering "Treason!" or "Coward!" from the administration's hacks sends them scuttling back into their holes.

I live with my cat, Shadow, whose picture will probably be posted before mine is, She is 8 years old, a little fatter than she should be because she loves "people food," especially grain products, for some bizarre reason, and her favorite hobby is sleeping, which she's doing right now.

One thing I can do right away, at least, is to post a couple of "reviews" of books I've read recently, and maybe a list of what's hopefully coming up in my reading list. I also saw the new theatrical release of Pride and Prejudice so will give my thoughts on that eventually.

L'shalom -

No comments: